The Labs team in Toyota Connected is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test with experience in Test Automation to be a part of a highly talented engineering team, creating new products and services from the ground up for the next generation connected vehicles. We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Translate user stories into test scenarios and cases and provide feedback to ensure testability of all stories
- Create and execute story validation tests in an Agile environment
- Work with Product owners and users to create and execute user tests
- Maintain and expand automated test infrastructure of a large scale, microservice based system
- Partner with developers to create, maintain and execute automated integration and functional tests
- Ensure functionality remains consistent across multiple spoken languages
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it
- You have 5+ years of experience creating and executing tests
- You have 2+ years of experience with Python
- You have hands-on experience (3+ years) with test automation
- You have experience implementing and maintaining an automated testing framework
- You have experience in estimation, prioritization and planning/coordination of testing activities in a Scrum environment
- You have 3+ years testing back end services and APIs
- You are very comfortable working with Linux based systems
- You are familiar with systems like JIRA for tracking purposes and ensuring traceability among test cases, code and requirements
- You are not afraid to spend time performing manual tests yet have the urge to automate those as efficiently as possible
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- Experience with Docker a plus but not required
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those babies.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.