6 Month+ Contract
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build and deploy high quality solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Software Engineer in Test Consultant like you to help develop, validate and deploy complex cloud-based products at Toyota Connected. We are creating the next generation vehicle telematics and safety services platform to tackle super complex data, connectivity, and service delivery challenges that emerge when you have millions of people driving globally that demand immediate access to contextual and relevant information.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of a highly talented engineering team and participate in test plan design, test case development and execution, and test automation development of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will be part of the team that build platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you test and deploy will power driving experiences across the world.
We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in modern technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure of a large-scale system comprising of components developed in multiple programming paradigms (Java stack, Golang applications, Salesforce CRM, etc.)
- Write, execute and maintain end-to-end system integration scenarios and user acceptance scenarios for the large-scale platform
- Translate user stories into test scenarios and cases and provide feedback to ensure testability of all stories
- Collaborate with other business groups and external teams for end-to-end integration
- Partner with developers to create, maintain and execute automated unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with DevOps to integrate the automated tests in the CI/CD pipelines
- Work with Product Owners and users to execute user tests
- Own delivery of work from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it
- You have 2+ years of experience developing and testing software
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience creating and maintaining test automation and associated infrastructure
- You have proficiency in Java
- You are very fluent and have solved several real-life problems using Selenium
- You are very fluent in behavior driven development and test driven development scenarios and frameworks such as Cucumber, Jbehave/JGiven, etc.
- You have experience in estimation, prioritization and planning/coordination of testing activities in a Scrum environment
- You are excellent in setting up and using systems like Jira for tracking purposes and ensuring traceability among test cases, code and requirements
- You practice empathy when dealing with the team and stakeholders
- You are not afraid to spend time performing manual tests yet have the urge to automate those as efficiently as possible
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction. You can manage external dependencies from partners and suppliers
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in validation or delivery of connected car services is a plus
- Proficiency in testing serverless based architecture and testing on Azure or AWS cloud stack is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.