Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Big Data Operations Engineer like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected.
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. As a Big Data Operations Engineer, you will provide advanced operations support, contribute to automation and system improvements, and work directly with enterprise customers to provide excellent customer service.
- Serve as a core team member in our operations team while supporting and operating key aspects of infrastructure services including security, capacity planning, availability, and performance.
- Improve infrastructure by developing and improving automation tools
- Provide advanced business and engineering support services to end users:
- Gather technical details and requirements
- Research and deploy new tools and frameworks to build a sustainable big data platform
- Assist with training and onboarding for new end users
- Lead Agile/Kanban workflows and team process work
- Troubleshoot issues to resolve problems
- Track all details in the issue tracking system (JIRA)
- Provide issue review and triage problems for new service/support requests
- Use DevOps automation tools, including Jenkins build jobs
- Fulfill any ad-hoc data or report request queries from different functional groups
- Experience with AWS or Azure environments
- Security: Experience implementing role-based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment. Familiar with penetration testing and scan tools for remediation of security vulnerabilities.
- 3+ years of experience supporting systems infrastructure operations, upgrades, deployments, and monitoring
- 1+ years of experience programming in Scala or Java
- Experience with Hadoop stack including Spark and / or AWS EMR
- Experience with DevOps related automation including Orchestration/Configuration Management tools and CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience with one or more version control platforms like Github
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers (ELB) and high availability architecture
- Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, AppDynamics, Elastic Search, or similar
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.