6 Month+ Contract
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
We love people who think big and like get their hands dirty to help us build exciting initiatives. Toyota Connected will be connecting all our vehicles to enhance safer driving and deliver value added services our customers. We will create a global big data platform and analyze data to create a safer and richer driving experience. Together we will enable the mobility of the future
Toyota Connected is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who is passionate about operations, in a highly complex, highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative environment. This individual will be responsible for not only establishing standard, but also deploying monitoring, logging, and alerting across product teams. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
- Deploy monitoring (infra, app, transactions) across our product teams
- Drive logging standards, best practices, and implement them in a timely manner
- Work with product owners to define alerting processes
- Work with product owners to define ticketing posture
- May maintain and support ecosystems operating on AWS and Azure
- Delivering solutions and observability in a complex environment, including fixed wireline networking, wireless, with distributed systems and applications
- Solve new and challenging technical issues. You do not need to know everything, but you need to know how to find the solution.
- 3+ years of experience deploying and administrating monitoring tools
- 3+ years of experience in SRE, operations, support strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience with cloud environments at enterprise scale
- Experience with Datadog, AppDynamics, Elastic, or other similar toolsets
- Experience with REST API development a Plus!
- Experience scripting with Python, Bash, Powershell, or related a Plus!
- Prior or current experience in software development a Plus!
- Fluency in Linux and Windows system administration
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.