We are growing at an exponential rate and as a result are looking to hire someone that can help take us there. The Director of International Expansion is responsible for driving alignment between Toyota Connected North American products and the many regions that we will be delivering to. This role is a technologist that sees the eco-system of Toyota Connected products and knows how to position them as a single Toyota Connected Mobility Solution. This individual is the go-to person for all International needs to ensure that our expansion strategy is solid. This person works closely with our Mobility, Data, Telematics Services, Multimedia, Infotainment, and Cloud Engineering teams to coordinate across and deliver Products and Pilots for Japan, Europe, and Australia.
This role is a silo breaker that can bridge the gaps between products, regions, and technology stacks and collaborate with our Chief Product Owners and Technology Leads to build towards a unified Global Core Toyota Connected Platform. This person has had previous hands cloud and engineering experience who can also build complex cost models across services to ensure return on expansion investments.
- Drive success in our Toyota Connected International Expansion Strategy
- Work closely with Business Development Teams across multiple regions to pool investments and maximize consistent product strategy
- Manage relationships with other Toyota Connected Companies and Toyota Distributors
- Work with regional privacy officers to understand how local privacy compliance laws will change existing products planned to be deployed outside of the US
- Work with Chief Product Owners across Toyota Connected to create and maintain the release plan for International deployments
- Work with Toyota Connected Europe, Toyota Connected India, and Toyota Connected Japan on transition and support plans
- Work with International partners to understand cost models across multiple Toyota Connected Products to ensure transparency across new region investments
- Maintain a backlog of prioritized features across multiple products and regions
- Advocate for International feature enhancements to core platforms
- Ensuring that the Global Product Backlog is visible and transparent
- Coordinates and communicates continuously across multiple Chief Product Owners
- Responsible for eliciting customer needs for cross-product solutions
- Maintain familiarity with key regulatory/compliance issues and ensure system solutions meet all regulatory requirements
- Take on International Pilots to allow Core Teams to keep focus on Core Services
- Responsible for team budgeting process and resource and vendor management
- Responsible for managing project P&L
- 7-10 years relevant experience in leading enterprise architecture for Telematics, Data Services, Mobility Services, or a related industry
- Hands on Product Lifecycle expertise in mobility related products
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be able to articulate complex ideas without complexity
- Experience scaling technology teams globally
- Familiarity with AWS, Serverless, Kubernetes, GRPC, and IoT
- Familiarity with Functional Programming Languages
- Ability to understand total cost of ownership and cost to profitability models across multiple interdependent products
- Proven experience aligning overall technical vision with business needs across regions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience presenting to a large range of stakeholders up to executive team level
- Ability to provide thought leadership and consulting services to business lines
- Ability to conceptualize the big picture and break it down into actionable work items
- Ability to understand tradeoffs and execute good judgement in balancing competing priorities
- Experience working in a practical Agile development environment
- Experience identifying reasonable constraints and adapting to them
- Proven experience taking a product from initial stages to launch
- High self-motivation and self-starting attitude and drive is a must
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those babies.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.