If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us reimagine what mobility can be today and for years to come!
About the Team:
Toyota Connected is expanding our Labs Team. In Labs, you will work with other talented engineers to use Machine Learning, NLP, and other cutting-edge technology to transform the customer experience with their vehicle. From making it possible to start your car and check fuel range in the comforts of your home to enhancing the communication with our vehicles and how our vehicles communicate with each other and the world around us, Labs makes driving a Toyota or Lexus a high-class experience.
Our Toyota Connected Labs team is looking for a Senior Technical Product Owner to be part of a highly talented team that is creating new digital products and services for next generation connected vehicles.
What you will do:
- Work with the Chief Product Owner and stakeholders to help develop and evolve the overall product vision and prioritize product requirements
- Manage and refine the product backlog, write user stories and perform release planning
- Act as the voice of the customer in the design and development of telematics cloud software products. Elicit requirements, synthesize and document them to be prioritized
- Perform user experience testing and continuously incorporate feedback from various channels into the product
- Leverage data to provide information and drive product decisions
- Work closely with development team, Scrum Master and participate in Scrum meetings
- Articulate business and customer value to development team and use it to guide prioritization
- Use Agile principles to align teams with effective communication and transparency
- Collaborate with architects and business to come up with the best solution to enable product experiences
- Adapt to changing priorities and accounting for the necessary adjustments
You are a successful candidate if:
- You have 8+ years of Product Management experience building and launching high-tech consumer facing software products
- You come from a hands-on coding background, so you can understand and meaningfully drive product conversations with a strong technical team
- You have experience developing and managing a product roadmap
- You have hands on experience creating user stories for the development team
- You have good product user design knowledge
- You have experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- You're strong communicator, confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience
- You're also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or Entrepreneurship would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested within the first month. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.