This Sr. Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment. This individual will be working on a global platform for the next generation connected vehicle big data solution. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
- Proactively identify performance improvements in areas like responsiveness, availability and scale
- Maintain, evolve and deploy infrastructure as code using the latest public cloud resources in Azure and AWS
- Troubleshoot and identity problems with distributed systems in terms of throughput, utilization and configuration
- Solve new and challenging technical issues. You do not need to know everything, but you need to know how to find the solution and document it.
- Design CI/CD pipelines that enable multiple software teams to create reproduceable artifacts and autonomously deploy across product lines
- Build world-class, multi-cloud capable, state-of-the-art products by:
- Leveraging large, multi-region Kubernetes deployments
- Automating resiliency, scale and recovery with measurable results
- Automating code promotion using A/B, Canary, Blue/Green deployment patterns
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- Experience creating and supporting systems using public cloud resources
- Experience with containers and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with desired state systems like Terraform or Ansible
- Experience creating and supporting CI/CD pipelines with tools like Circle CI, Spinnaker, Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience with secure secret and configuration management
- Scripting or coding experience
- You are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- Experience with public cloud (Azure, AWS, or GCP) and Agile environments
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, AppDynamics, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or equivalent
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.