The Toyota Connected Labs team is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to be a part of a highly talented engineering team to help create new products and services from the ground up for the next generation connected vehicles. We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Develop solutions using Machine Learning/Deep Learning and other advanced technologies to solve a variety of problems
- Translate user stories and business requirements to technical solutions by building quick prototypes or proof of concepts with several business and technical stakeholder groups in both internal and external organizations
- Partner with leaders in the area and have insights to select off the shelf components vs building from the scratch
- Convert the proof of concepts to production-grade solutions that can scale for hundreds of thousands of users
- Be hands-on where required and lead from the front in following best practices in development and CI/CD methods
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it
- You have 8+ years of experience as senior developer/technical architect for high-tech products or services and you have 2+ years of hands-on experience delivering products or solutions that utilized Machine learning, Natural Language processing or other forms of AI solutions (Computer Vision/ Mathematical Optimization)
- Mathematical understanding of a variety of statistical learning algorithms (Reinforcement Learning, Supervised/Unsupervised, Graphical Models)
- Expertise in a variety of Deep Learning architectures including Residual Networks, RNN/CNN, Transformer, and Transfer Learning
- You have deep proficiency in at least one OO statically typed language (C, C++, Go) and/or Python
- You are very fluent in one or more ML tools like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, and/or Theano and have solved several real-life problems using these
- You preferably have proficiency and experience in NLP
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree in Computer Science or Math would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.