Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Sr Data Engineer like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. We are looking for a Sr Data Engineer in this team to make architectural decisions, contribute to the design and development of data services for the customers of this platform.
What you’ll do:
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile development environment
- Make architectural decisions to build efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines in the cloud to process unstructured big data
- Work closely with product owners and other team members to deliver next generation connected car data services
- Own backlog creation and prioritization along with the product owners
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data needs
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies, such as Spark, Kafka, etc, and cloud technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, etc
- Mentor and train junior team members of the team on latest technologies and software engineering best practices
- You share our passion for producing high quality work and continuously improving the ways we deliver data services
- You have 7+ years of delivering enterprise software applications
- You have programming expertise in Java, Scala, and/or Python
- You have strong experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc) on large scale unstructured data sets
- Working experience and good understanding of public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud)
- Good knowledge of cloud security policies and vulnerabilities
- Good knowledge of cloud and distributed system principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in memory vs disk, etc
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience working with source code management systems like git, etc
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable solutions
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior members on the team
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You do not shy away from accepting new challenges
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.