Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Sr Software Engineer in Test, Big Data like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. We are looking for a skilled developer with a passion for testing and the coding skills to understand our complex backend systems. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of data engineers and data scientists. In this role, you will lead test automation strategies to test the data pipelines, back-end services and APIs. Your efforts as a Software Engineer in Test will help us make certain that our system performs correctly and can scale. A successful candidate will have experience in test automation and developing quality software, a high standard for quality and an obsession for detail.
- Contribute towards the quality of every code release into production. Design, implement, document and execute test cases
- Participate in the design of new features and the refactoring of existing services to ensure testability
- Develop and maintain test frameworks that provide automated testing of data pipelines, backend services and APIs
- Build and maintain tests; track outcome of application testing and monitoring for inconsistent results
- Ensure we deliver quality products, take and receive criticism, have fun and care about your results, your growth, and the team
- 6+ years of test development/automation experience
- Experience in Big Data testing (e.g. pipelines and/or ETL processes) including expertise in but not limited to Kafka, Spark, etc
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong coding skills experience in Java, Python, and/or Scala
- Experience working with Git or similar version control system
- Experience working in a public cloud with AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- Strong experience with API/backend testing
- You have natural curiosity, critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a drive for innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.