Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Sr Software Engineer in Test, Big Data like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. We are looking for a skilled developer with a passion for testing and the coding skills to understand our complex backend systems. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of data engineers and data scientists. In this role, you will lead test automation strategies to test the data pipelines, back-end services and APIs. Your efforts as a Software Engineer in Test will help us make certain that our system performs correctly and can scale. A successful candidate will have experience in test automation and developing quality software, a high standard for quality and an obsession for detail.
- Contribute towards the quality of every code release into production. Design, implement, document and execute test cases
- Participate in the design of new features and the refactoring of existing services to ensure testability
- Develop and maintain test frameworks that provide automated testing of data pipelines, backend services and APIs
- Build and maintain tests; track outcome of application testing and monitoring for inconsistent results
- Ensure we deliver quality products, take and receive criticism, have fun and care about your results, your growth, and the team
- 6+ years of test development/automation experience
- Experience in Big Data testing (e.g. pipelines and/or ETL processes) including expertise in but not limited to Kafka, Spark, etc
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong coding skills experience in Java, Python, and/or Scala
- Experience working with Git or similar version control system
- Experience working in a public cloud with AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- Strong experience with API/backend testing
- You have natural curiosity, critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a drive for innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.