Toyota Connected is looking for a Mobile Developer who will create, implement, and support native mobile applications, SDKs, and design systems/component libraries in the vehicle mobility space, and apply their mobile development knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment. This is a progressive and collaborative environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality matches such an environment.
- Be a go-to resource for modern, native iOS and/or Android development in Swift/Kotlin.
- Build, implement, and support mobile applications, SDKs, and design systems/component libraries.
- Demonstrate a willingness to build and use frameworks, component libraries, design systems, and other reusable pieces - both first and third party. Be an effective developer who recognizes and utilizes the right tool for the job.
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency in either Android or iOS, but a willingness to branch out and learn both as needed.
- Creatively solve technical issues. You do not need to know everything, but you need to know how to find the solution.
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment while collaborating with cross platform team members.
- Strong experience developing highly scalable, native iOS and/or Android applications in production. Moderate experience with both Android and iOS is a plus
- Strong hands-on coding experience in Swift and/or Kotlin
- Strong experience building and maintaining iOS frameworks using CocoaPods and/or maintaining Android libraries via Gradle/Maven/Bintray
- Strong experience collaborating with designers and UX experts to create great user experiences. Experience with Sketch/Zeplin is a plus
- Experience integrating with and/or building standard RESTful web services. Experience with GraphQL is also a plus
- Strong to moderate experience with functional/reactive programming patterns, using RxJava and/or RxSwift, to build applications from the ground up is a plus
- You have released or worked as part of a team to release apps in the iOS App Store and/or Google Play Store
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.