Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for Senior Data Scientist like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
This Is What You'll Do...
- Developing and enhancing algorithms based on telematics data
- Design, build, and deploy internal tools and processes to operationalize Machine Learning best practices within our existing platform and to automate manually intensive Data Science tasks
- Sharpen our data science capacity by mentoring team members on building predictive models, experimental methodologies, and causal inference approaches
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with product, business and engineering teams to effectively serve our customer’s needs
- Applies technical workflows for image processing, detection and tracking, full-motion-video analysis and object recognition
What we are looking for…
- Minimum 7 years of data science experience, with expertise in statistics, signal processing and machine learning
- Minimum of 3 years using Python or Scala
- Minimum 2 years using Spark
- Experience working with public cloud, preferably AWS
- Experience in leading/guiding data science teams with industry best standards
- Experience with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Spark MLlib, Theano etc
- Good understanding on FPGAs vs. GPUs vs. ASICs
- Ability to set expectations and confidently talk to AI hype versus reality
- Advanced knowledge of Physics and Linear Algebra
- Experience with Sagemaker a plus
- Experience in Computer Vision, Deep Learning is a plus
- Experience working with telematics data is a plus
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.