The Deputy Privacy Officer will work closely with our Legal team and Security teams to implement initiatives necessary for compliance with global privacy and data privacy laws and regulations. The Deputy Privacy Officer will develop strategies and initiatives to engage with key stakeholders and raise awareness of data privacy and security compliance and governance across the company. This position will report to the Chief Privacy Officer.
- Drive Toyota Connected’s Privacy Compliance strategy
- Drive adoption of RSA Archer Privacy Program
- Consult with Product Teams and Business Partners on domestic and international data privacy and security laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Manage relationships with Global Privacy partners across Toyota
- Act as subject matter expert and resource on issues related to privacy, security and data protection
- Partner with members of the legal team, security team, data governance, and outside counsel to help ensure Toyota Connected’s compliance with laws, regulations, and customer contracts
- Assist in developing and maintaining Toyota Connected’s privacy program, and related policies, procedures, documentation, and communication materials
- Assist in developing training materials, and providing training to employees on privacy and security related obligations
- Provide guidance to legal and product management teams on issues pertaining to new and existing products/features throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Work with Legal to Draft and negotiate data protection terms in contracts and disclosures
- Review issues related to data collection, use and governance
- Review issues related to Incident Response, customer security questionnaires and security certifications
- Review data protection impact assessments and other internal privacy and data security assessments
- Respond to communications from Toyota Connected and Toyota Distributor customers and employees regarding their individual rights, and Toyota Connected’s processing of their personal data
- Collaborate with TMNA and TME to ensure that Consent Management systems are integrated with Toyota Connected Products
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.