6 Month+ Contract
Toyota Connected is looking for a Front-end Developer - TCLabs that will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will participate in engineering global-scale applications and services that will enable individuals and groups to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways.
- Work closely with a talented team of designers and developers to build world-class web applications and services
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Participate in design and delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Ability to match design direction with markup and styling languages (HTML, CSS, SCSS, SVG)
- Experience with the BEM (Block, Element, Modifier) methodology
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience working closely with back-end developers and an understanding of how to best manage interfacing with APIs
- Experience with source-control practices such as Git
- Comfortable with the command line
Nice-To-Haves (Not Required):
- Experience working with Salesforce and the Lightning Design System
- Focus on writing prudent and meaningful tests
- Experience with single page application frameworks. We are heavily invested in Ember, so Ember experience is a plus
- Understanding of design principles and ability to work in design software (Sketch)
- Experience implementing bleeding-edge web features, like Service Workers, the latest JS/ECMAScript, offline progressive web apps, etc
- Understanding of server-side development
- Experience in performance optimizations
- Experience with Docker
- Participate in the larger development community including conferences, open source contribution, technical writing, etc.
- Money. (We pay well and reward excellence)
- An environment of motivated individuals that are committed to staying on top of their field. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- The opportunity to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment
- Nice perks like game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.