Toyota Connected is looking for a Platform Architect, Technical Operations to be a part of a highly talented engineering team to help create new platforms from the ground up for the next generation connected vehicles. One of them is about building an analytical platform that understands context in operational environments and responds with workflow automation.
What you will do:
- Architect and develop solutions to build operational platforms based on data analytics, data engineering, and workflow automation
- Translate user stories and business requirements to technical solutions by building quick prototypes or proof of concepts with several business and technical stakeholder groups in both internal and external organizations
- Partner with leaders in the area and have insights to select off the shelf components vs building from scratch
- Convert the proof of concepts to production-grade solutions that can scale for hundreds of thousands of users
- Hire and mentor a technical team to develop the solutions
- Be hands-on where required and lead from the front in following best practices in development and CI/CD methods
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it.
- You have 8+ years of experience as senior developer/technical architect for high-tech products or services
- You have hands-on experience delivering products or solutions that utilized event processing, event driven architecture or other forms of data, and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- You have solid understanding of observability, monitoring and logging toolsets in a SaaS environment
- You have deep proficiency in at least one OO statically typed language (Java, C++) and Python
- You have solved non-functional aspects of products like scalability, security, reliability with cutting edge if not bleeding edge technology
- You preferably have experience Connected car services and/or Mobility products
- You preferably have experience managing technical teams
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction. You can manage external dependencies from partners and suppliers
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to do things your own way. We care that you get your work done, but how you get that done will be for you to decide
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You will be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice benefits like 401(k) with match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.