6 Month+ Contract
Toyota Connected is looking for a Senior Back-End Developer who will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer global-scale applications and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in innovative ways.
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of front-end and back-end developers to build world-class web applications and services
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Establish software patterns that incorporate emerging technology and thinking to crush expectations
- Production experience with modern web languages and frameworks like Elixir, Python, Ruby, F#, Rust, Go, or similar
- Deep understanding of the best practices required to build truly web-scale applications
- Experience working closely with front-end developers and an understanding how to build backend services for single-page application frameworks
- Experience with source-control practices such as Git
- Focus on writing prudent and meaningful tests
Nice-To-Haves (Not Required):
- Experience with functional languages or actor frameworks (Haskell, Clojure, Elixir, Erlang/OTP, Akka, Orleans, or similar)
- Experience working with real-time web technologies such as WebSockets, Phoenix Channels, and/or HTTP2
- Understanding of building distributed, microservice-based solutions
- Understanding of large-scale messaging and streaming platforms such as Kafka and/or RabbitMQ
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.