6 Month+ Contract Opportunity
Toyota Connected has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join our expanding team. You will be a true servant leader to a team of highly skilled development professionals. Your primary role will be contributing to the development of a world class agile practice in Toyota Connected, while ensuring the team you are working with is happy and highly optimized.
You should be an expert in lean product delivery, and have at least 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master on a team with proven and demonstrable results in that role. You should expect to be able to talk in great detail about the Scrum Framework, and product delivery in an empirical environment, and be able to present on ad hoc topics as requested.
You are first and foremost a team coach, and will be able to talk in depth and able to articulate what this means.
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- Experience in Agile product delivery or lean product development
- An expert in the Scrum Framework
- Not focused on a single approach, and open to experimentation and inspection and adaptation
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, or Specification by Example
- Experienced (preferably certified CSM/PSM) Scrum Master, with experience of other approaches such as Lean, Kanban, etc
- Committed to the development of all team members and continuous development of capability within the department
- Committed to continuous learning, and able to demonstrate a pattern of personal development in Scrum
- As a Scrum Master, be responsible to facilitating Scrum Events when requested by the team
- Teach and uphold the Scrum values
- Create and lead effective retrospective exercises
- Deliver effective conflict resolution
- Be an assertive but friendly and communicative person with first class interpersonal skills
- An expert in estimation and planning techniques, and able to explain and teach release planning in an empirical environment
- Be able to explain and coach eXtreme Programming techniques
- Have excellent visualization skills, and be able to explain and create visual radiators
- Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them
- Be a master of techniques to improve the efficiency of the development team
- Deliver effective methods and practices for managing and resolving impediments
- Coach and support a Product Owner in effective techniques for backlog creation, management, and refinement
- Demonstrate effective techniques for managing team interruptions, and for protecting the team in a sprint
- Be able to explain the differences between various Scrum Scaling frameworks and approaches
- Create and maintain team happiness, and demonstrate effective techniques for building happy teams
- Be a genuine self-starter needing no prompting to get going, and be able to observe and then take action to improve the team delivery
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to do things your own way. We care that you get your work done, but how you get that done will be for you to decide
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.