Toyota Connected is looking for a Senior UX Designer, who will lead the strategic and visual design of mobile apps, web apps, systems and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways.
What you will do:
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of mobile and front-end developers to build world-class applications and services
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from concept to design to development handoff
- Contribute to a growing visual system across global products
- Participate in the larger design community including conferences, open source contribution, UX writing, etc
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Champion high-priority UX needs so they’re properly prioritized on the roadmap
- Deliver thoughtful interactive design solutions, IA workflows to high-fidelity UI mocks, and prototypes
- Perform user testing to validate your ideas
You are a successful candidate if:
- Ability to explain your thoughts on usability, engagement, business / user needs and effectiveness
- Can demonstrate experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Have shipped native mobile app and web experiences
- Strong grasp of design decisions across multiple platforms and screen sizes
- Experience working closely with front-end and mobile developers
- You can show us how you’ve helped other members of your team grow their skills
You would be ideal if you had:
- Experience in rapid prototyping
- Fundamental understanding of modern mobile and web app development capabilities when it comes to designing products
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Illustration capability
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.