The Chief Product Owner (CPO) is a director level position which acts as the owner and champion of a product, or group of products, and is responsible for the overall design of the product. This technical position guides the activities of all other engineers and design personnel involved in the product through empowered leadership and mentorship. The CPO is responsible for creating a product vision and technical strategy to develop mobility related technology products and services.
- Create a clear vision and strategy for the product
- Create and maintain a roadmap for achieving the vision
- Create and maintain the release plan for the product
- Ensure alignment to the vision, strategy and roadmap with all customers and stakeholders
- Develops a backlog of prioritized customer centric benefits and features
- Creates Product Backlog Items that clearly articulate the WHO, WHAT and WHY, and clearly articulated acceptance criteria
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Optimizing the value of the work the Development Teams perform
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Teams will work on next; and, ensuring the Development Teams understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed
- Coordinates and communicates continuously with other Product Owners involved in the delivery of the product
- Develop a shared product vision with customers and stakeholders, and drive future architecture to support multiple business areas to ensure technology direction is aligned with business needs and priorities
- Establish and communicate product and architectural vision to development teams
- Build strong relationships with Product Owners and business partners to ensure technology alignment with business priorities
- Responsible for eliciting customer needs for cross-product solutions
- Maintain familiarity with key regulatory/compliance issues and ensure system solutions meet all regulatory requirements
- Create and drive leading and emerging practices across architecture organization
- Stay current with business and technical trends to propagate best in class thinking within the organization
- Act as the voice of the customer in cross-product design and development
- Prioritize and track product deliverables, goals and milestones in collaboration with the Scrum Master
- Responsible for product budgeting process and resource and vendor management
- 7-10 years relevant experience in leading enterprise architecture for Telematics Backend, Data Services, Mobility Services, or a related industry
- Hands on Product Lifecycle expertise in mobility related products
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be able to articulate complex ideas without complexity
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies
- Experience scaling technology teams
- Familiarity with major Cloud solutions and products available in the market
- Proven knowledge of enterprise systems concepts and software development lifecycle methodologies
- Proven experience aligning overall technical vision with business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience presenting to a large range of stakeholders up to executive team level
- Ability to provide thought leadership and consulting services to business lines
- Ability to conceptualize the big picture and break it down into actionable work items
- Ability to understand tradeoffs and execute good judgement in balancing competing priorities
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Proven experience taking a product from initial stages to launch
- High self-motivation and self-starting attitude and drive is a must
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.