Technical Product Owner - TCLabs
6+ Month Contract
Toyota Connected is looking for a Technical Product Owner to join TC Labs and be part of a highly talented team that is creating new digital products and services for next generation connected vehicles.
What you will do:
- Help develop and evolve the overall product vision and prioritize product requirements – along with Chief product owner and stakeholders.
- Manage and refine the product backlog write user stories, perform release planning.
- Act as the voice of the customer in the design and development of telematics cloud software products. Elicit their requirements, synthesize and document them to be prioritized.
- Perform user experience testing and continuously incorporate feedback from various channels into the product.
- You will leverage data to drive inform and drive product decisions.
- Work closely with development team, scrum master and participate Scrum meetings.
- Articulate business and customer value to development team and use it to guide prioritization
- Use Agile principles to align teams with effective communication and transparency
- Collaborate with architects and business to come up with the best solution to enable product experiences.
- Adapt to changing priorities and accounting for the necessary adjustments.
You are a successful candidate if you:
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience building and launching high-tech consumer software products.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum product ownership
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a software developer
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction.
- You are very technical, so you can understand and meaningfully drive product conversations with a strong technical team.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- You're strong communicator, confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience.
- You're also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or Entrepreneurship would be of great value in this position.
- Experience in successfully shipping products in the field of cloud applications or telematics services.
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Benefits like game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.