We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected. We are creating a new group to tackle super complex data, connectivity, and service delivery challenges that emerge when you have millions of people driving globally that demand immediate access to contextual, relevant information.
As an engineer, you will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you build will power driving experiences across the world.
- Work side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Love writing code and learning new disciplines to constantly hone your craft as an engineer
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Be hands-on and lead from the front in following best practices in development, microservices design and CI/CD methodologies
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile (Scrum) development environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your code, and make us believe you’ll excel
- 6+ years of production experience coding in Java
- Strong experience with Spring, RESTful APIs, and microservices
- Willingness to learn and use other technologies including Go, Node, Python, and similar
- Have expertise in implementing micro-services (using tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Have experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Have Public cloud technology experience in production (Azure, AWS, or Equivalent)
- Have solved non-functional aspects of like scalability, security, reliability with cutting edge if not bleeding edge technology
- Ability and willingness to manage other developers including mentoring, performance reviews, etc
- Experience with Alexa and/or Google Home is a plus
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.