We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected. We are creating a new group to tackle super complex data, connectivity, and service delivery challenges that emerge when you have millions of people driving globally that demand immediate access to contextual, relevant information.
As an engineer, you will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you build will power driving experiences across the world.
- Work side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Love writing code and learning new disciplines to constantly hone your craft as an engineer
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Be hands-on and lead from the front in following best practices in development, microservices design and CI/CD methodologies
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile (Scrum) development environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your code, and make us believe you’ll excel
- 6+ years of production experience coding in Java
- Strong experience with Spring, RESTful APIs, and microservices
- Have expertise in implementing micro-services (using tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Have experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Have Public cloud technology experience in production (Azure, AWS, or Equivalent)
- Have solved non-functional aspects of like scalability, security, reliability with cutting edge if not bleeding edge technology
- Ability to mentor less senior developers
- Experience with Alexa and/or Google Home is a plus
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, Toyota vehicle discounts, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.