6 Month+ Contract
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build and deploy high quality solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Software Engineer in Test like you to help develop, validate and deploy complex cloud-based products at Toyota Connected. We are creating the next generation vehicle telematics and safety services platform to tackle super complex data, connectivity, and service delivery challenges that emerge when you have millions of people driving globally that demand immediate access to contextual and relevant information.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of a highly talented engineering team and participate in test plan design, test case development and execution, and test automation development of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will be part of the team that build platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you test and deploy will power driving experiences across the world.
We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in modern technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure of a large-scale system comprising of components developed in multiple programming paradigms (Java stack, Golang applications, Salesforce CRM, etc.)
- Write, execute and maintain end-to-end system integration scenarios and user acceptance scenarios for the large-scale platform
- Translate user stories into test scenarios and cases and provide feedback to ensure testability of all stories
- Collaborate with other business groups and external teams for end-to-end integration
- Partner with developers to create, maintain and execute automated unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with DevOps to integrate the automated tests in the CI/CD pipelines
- Work with Product Owners and users to execute user tests
- Own delivery of work from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it
- You have 2+ years of experience developing and testing software
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience creating and maintaining test automation and associated infrastructure
- You have proficiency in Python, Java, and/or Golang
- You are very fluent in one or more test automation tools like Selenium, Postman, JUnit, PyUnit, pytest, Robot, etc, and have solved several real-life problems using these
- You are very fluent in behavior driven development and test driven development scenarios and frameworks such as Cucumber, Jbehave/JGiven, etc.
- You have experience in estimation, prioritization and planning/coordination of testing activities in a Scrum environment
- You are excellent in setting up and using systems like Jira for tracking purposes and ensuring traceability among test cases, code and requirements
- You practice empathy when dealing with the team and stakeholders
- You are not afraid to spend time performing manual tests yet have the urge to automate those as efficiently as possible
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction. You can manage external dependencies from partners and suppliers
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in validation or delivery of connected car services is a plus
- Proficiency in testing micro-services based architecture and testing on Azure or AWS cloud stack is a plus
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Nice perks like game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable connected car technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law