6 Month+ Contract
This Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative environment while working on a global engineering platform that will empower Toyota Connected teams to create the next generation of connected vehicle solutions. This is a progressive and collaborative environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but the passion for the above is a fit.
- Develop, test, and release software solutions side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Work closely with product developers to shape and deliver features to customers and thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Proactively identify developing trends and practices to aid in technology and goal alignment across teams, and promote consistent adoption of best practices within Toyota Connected
- Make high-quality technical decisions that will solve not only the business challenges at hand, but also consider the organization as a whole
- 2+ years of programming experience with Scala, Python, Java, Go, or C#
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Experience working with CI/CD tools to build and deploy applications
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one major public cloud platform: AWS, Azure, or equivalent is a plus
- Experience developing microservices-based architectures, including distributed messaging patterns is a plus
- Experience working with AWS Lambda would be a huge plus but not mandatory
- Understanding of networking in cloud environments is a plus
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc. on large scale unstructured data sets is a plus
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services is a plus
- Understanding of advanced patterns like Blue/Green deployments, Canary testing, and A/B testing is a plus
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Nice perks like game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.