6 Month+ Contract
This Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Consultant will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative environment while working on a global engineering platform that will empower Toyota Connected teams to create the next generation of connected vehicle solutions. This is a progressive and collaborative environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but the passion for the above is a fit.
- Develop, test, and release software solutions side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Work closely with product developers to shape and deliver features to customers and thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Proactively identify developing trends and practices to aid in technology and goal alignment across teams, and promote consistent adoption of best practices within Toyota Connected
- Make high-quality technical decisions that will solve not only the business challenges at hand, but also consider the organization as a whole
- 2+ years of programming experience with Scala, Python, Java, Go, or C#
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Experience working with CI/CD tools to build and deploy applications
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one major public cloud platform: AWS, Azure, or equivalent is a plus
- Experience developing microservices-based architectures, including distributed messaging patterns is a plus
- Experience working with AWS Lambda would be a huge plus but not mandatory
- Understanding of networking in cloud environments is a plus
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc. on large scale unstructured data sets is a plus
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services is a plus
- Understanding of advanced patterns like Blue/Green deployments, Canary testing, and A/B testing is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.