Toyota Connected is looking for a Backend Developer who will design, develop, test and deploy large-scale distributed software applications, systems and services. The TC Labs team is focused on creating products and services for next generation connected vehicle systems and the team members are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done. This is a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative startup environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality matches such an environment
- Develop natural language based application that interfaces with multiple customer channels and leverages backend services
- Translate user stories and business requirements to technical solutions
- Be hands-on and lead from the front in following best practices in development, microservices design and CI/CD methodologies
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile (SCRUM) development environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- 3+ years of experience developing production grade software
- Production experience with Nodejs, building applications that served significant concurrent user volumes
- SQL and NoSQL database experience in production
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with source-control practices such as Git
- Experience implementing micro-services (using tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Experience creating unit tests, performing code reviews, optimizing performance and ensuring standards for maintainability
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Experience with Golang
- Experience building Chatbots
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Understanding NLU frameworks such as DialogFlow
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. You will be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Benefits like 401(k) with match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.