Toyota Connected is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Accountant who will be responsible for a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. This person will be responsible for accounts payable, payroll, monthly closing of accounts, preparation of reports in support of financial statements, etc. Will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and others in the organization in the analysis and reconciliation of accounts in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Participate in the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes
- Continually focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in the review and implementation of new financial regulations
- Participate in strategic financial projects including implementation of Great Plains
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interact at all levels and with product owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analysis
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Work with Chief Financial Officer to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant and/or MBA
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and financial reporting/auditing with 2+ years of experience in public accounting
- Broad financial analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of foreign currency, consolidation, and application of US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Great Plains experience is a huge plus
- Concur and Quickbooks experience is a plus
- Money (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.