Toyota Connected is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer that will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer global-scale applications and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of designers and back-end developers to build world-class web applications and services
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future.
- Participate in the larger development community including conferences, open source contribution, technical writing, etc.
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Ability to match design direction with markup and styling languages (HTML, CSS, Scss)
- Deep understanding of the best practices required to build truly web-scale applications
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience working closely with back-end developers and an understanding of how to best interface with APIs
- Experience with source-control practices such as Git, etc
- Focus on writing prudent and meaningful tests
- Comfortable with the command line
- Experience working with real-time web technologies such as WebSockets, Phoenix Channels, HTTP2
- ES6/7 experience
- Understanding of server-side development (Elixir, Node)
- Understanding of design principles and ability to work in design software (Sketch)
- Experience in performance optimizations
- Experience with Docker
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, Toyota vehicle discounts, game rooms, free food, dog friendly environment, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
*No 3rd Party Agencies Please