Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for an Associate Data Engineer like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. As an Engineer in this team, you will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing, and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems, and services.
- Work side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Love writing code and learning new disciplines to constantly hone your craft as an engineer
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your code, and make us believe you’ll excel
- Programming experience with Java, Scala or Python
- Conceptual understanding of modern software engineering patterns
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, like Amazon Web Services or Azure is a plus
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, web services, and micro-services based architecture is a plus
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc) on large scale unstructured data sets is a plus
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you’re smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. You will be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Benefits like 401(k) with match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
*No 3rd Party Agencies Please