Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Cloud Solutions – Sr. Data Engineer like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer in this team to make architectural decisions and contribute to the design and development of data services for the customers of this platform.
What you’ll do:
- Make architectural decisions to build efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines in a public cloud environment to process unstructured big data
- Work closely with product owners and other team members to deliver next generation connected car data services
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data needs
- Research, experiment with, and utilize leading Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Kafka, and Kinesis on Microsoft Azure, AWS etc…
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile development environment
- Mentor and train junior team members on current technologies and software engineering best practices
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience with multiple programming languages and technologies with at least 3 years in the big data space
- You are fluent in several programming languages such as Python, Scala, or Java, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- You have experience with large-scale, big data technologies, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm
- You have experience in public cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- You have a strong understanding of distributed systems principles including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk, etc…
- You have the ability to work efficiently in a Unix/Linux environment along with source code management systems like GIT and SVN
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. You will be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Benefits like 401(k) with match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
*No 3rd Party Agencies Please