Toyota Connected is looking for an Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for Accounts Payable and other accounting tasks. This is a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality matches such an environment.
What you will do:
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Prepare and maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment
You are a successful candidate if you:
- Are smart and can demonstrate it
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- Have strong experience in accounts payable
- Have experience with Quickbooks and/or Great Plains
- Are extremely detailed oriented with expert accuracy
- Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited University
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Unlimited time off. You will be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Benefits like 401(k) with match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.