Human Resources Manager
Toyota Insurance Management Solutions (TIMS) is a start-up company dedicated to delivering user based insurance to Toyota customers. Based in Plano, this newly created position encompasses the entire employment lifecycle from talent acquisition to exit, and will be responsible for launching the HR function from scratch.
Initially, this position will be the sole HR professional, responsible for all areas of HR and will receive administrative support from the TIMS parent company staff. In the future, we expect the HR needs to evolve and the position may have a dedicated HR Assistant or Generalist reporting to it.
Some of your first priorities will include:
- Implementing strategy in all areas of HR including performance management & development, compensation & benefits, employee relations, risk management, and workforce planning
- Establishing and maintaining a compensation structure that attracts and retains key talent, minimizing turnover
- Creating policies & procedures, including an employee handbook
- Determining priority for systems implementation such as applicant tracking systems, HRIS, etc, and selecting appropriate vendors
- Creating a hiring plan and identifying resources to assist in recruitment efforts
- Plan an onboarding process to get new employees off to a great start
- Setting up a methodology to develop and manage the performance of team members
Are you right for this job?
This position is an awesome opportunity to build an HR department from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for making A LOT of important decisions, designing programs, and implementing systems. You’ll need to draw on a solid base of HR experience in order to be effective in this role. Here are some key needs in this role—do they sound like you?
- Able to work independently, without much guidance to direction. This one is really important, as you’ll report to executives who will rely on your expertise to make decisions and recommendations. While there are resources you can reach out to in other Toyota companies, at TIMS you’ll be the most knowledgeable person in the company when it comes to HR matters.
- Fun. We want TIMS to have a vibrant culture that fosters innovation and creativity. We need someone who is flexible and who finds ways to say “yes” while still mitigating risk, instead of drawing hard lines.
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll regularly communicate to executives who will need for you to distill the message to the key points, while ensuring they have enough information to make a great business decision.
- Responsible, trustworthy & able to maintain confidentiality. If you’re in HR, you get this already.
- Able to balance the company’s need to move forward with the natural HR tendency to prevent risk.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves. This position is the Head of HR. It’s also currently the only HR. This will mean all HR tasks will fall to you, so we need someone who doesn’t mind digging in and doing tasks that don’t typically fall under an HR Manager’s responsibilities.
You will have administrative support from TIMS’s parent company, AIOI, for things like running payroll, processing I-9’s etc, however it’s the goal to eventually break away from utilizing the parent company’s resources and create those systems like payroll, benefits, HRIS, etc within TIMS. It will be up to you to determine when and how that happens.
What do you need to be a success?
Beyond what is listed above, we expect that candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- A minimum of 7 years in a generalist (HR management experience preferred)
- SHRM-CP, SPHR etc is a nice plus but not required
How will you be rewarded?
TIMS believes in a total rewards program that includes not only competitive pay, but also a flexible and fun work environment.
TIMS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment regardless to race, color, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status or any other status protected by law.