6 Month+ Contract
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Systems Automation Engineer like you to create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment. This individual will be working on a global platform for the next generation connected vehicle solution. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment, therefore it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
- Lead telemetry efforts for Toyota's connected vehicle platform by deploying infrastructure, application and cloud monitoring toolsets
- Identify new opportunities for monitoring critical processes, optimized thresholds, alerting mechanisms
- Automate the generation of alerting and notification through integrations of ticketing, paging and additional API endpoints
- Interface with broader teams and vendors for additional capabilities and requirements to create world-class visibility and proactivity
- Establish and measure key performance indicators (availability, responsiveness) for all technologies within scope
- 2+ years’ experience with Public Cloud environments utilizing Linux
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (ELK, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, DataDog, Nagios, etc)
- Strong scripting/automation experience using Python
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (VMs, Database, message queues)
- Understanding of Web Services technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Great troubleshooting skills and system architecture familiarity
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a diverse audience
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum methodology
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.