6 Month+ Contract
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer like you to create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment. This individual will be working on a global platform for the next generation connected vehicle solution. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment, therefore it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
- Lead telemetry efforts for Toyota's connected vehicle platform by deploying infrastructure, application and cloud monitoring toolsets
- Identify new opportunities for monitoring critical processes, optimized thresholds, alerting mechanisms
- Automate the generation of alerting and notification through integrations of ticketing, paging and additional API endpoints
- Interface with broader teams and vendors for additional capabilities and requirements to create world-class visibility and proactivity
- Establish and measure key performance indicators (availability, responsiveness) for all technologies within scope
- 2+ years’ experience with Public Cloud environments utilizing Linux
- Strong experience with monitoring and logging tools (ELK, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, DataDog, Nagios, etc)
- Some scripting/automation experience (Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc)
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (VMs, Database, message queues)
- Understanding of Web Services technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Great troubleshooting skills and system architecture familiarity
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a diverse audience
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Nice perks like game rooms, free food, dog friendly environment, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
*No 3rd Party Agencies Please