The Innovation team in Toyota Connected is looking for a Software QA Engineer who is versed in functional/system level Software Testing to be a part of a highly talented engineering team to help create new products and services from the ground up for the next generation connected vehicles. We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Write, execute, and maintain functional test cases for a large-scale system comprising of services written in multiple programming paradigms (mainly Python, and functional/procedural languages)
- Translate user stories into test scenarios and cases and provide feedback to ensure testability of all stories
- Work with Product owners and users to execute user tests
- Work with Product owners and Developers to document, triage, and address bugs within the typical Scrum process
- Partner with test automation Developers to execute and update automation scripts
- Perform ad-hoc testing to identify bugs not exposed through the normal Scrum process
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it
- You have 2-5+ years of experience testing software
- You have hands-on experience creating and maintaining test suites
- You have experience with one or more test tracking tools such as TestRail, TestLink, qTest, etc
- You have experience in estimation, prioritization and planning/coordination of testing activities in a Scrum environment
- You have experience testing APIs (REST, RPC, etc)
- You are experience in setting up and using systems like Jira for tracking purposes and ensuring traceability among test cases, code and requirements
- You have experience with, or are interested in, Mobile application testing
- You have a passion for performing manual tests, but are open to performing test automation
- You have experience working with Linux based systems
- Software development experience is a plus but not required
- Experience with Golang, Docker and CI/CD systems is a plus but not required
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
- An environment of A-players. We are careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. You will be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family. Benefits like 401(k) with match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
*No 3rd Party Agencies Please