Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Cloud Solutions Engineer like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you build will power driving experiences across the world.
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile development environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Design, develop, test, and document features for large scale data platforms at Toyota Connected
- Perform API Development including building service layers for API Management and writing code to pull data
- Think independently to solve difficult data problems
- Work closely with product owners to deliver features to customers
- Must interact closely with both technical and business team members of varying seniority levels to achieve a single result
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your code, and you can make us believe you’ll excel
- Experience with any NoSQL database (MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, etc)
- Hands-on experience coding in Java
- Experience with Azure or Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Strong experience with Cloud API Management Solutions for re-usable data and integration services across the enterprise for internal and external customers
- Good understanding of Big Data and Hadoop
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, Toyota vehicle discounts, game rooms, free food, dog friendly environment, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.