The Toyota Connected Operations team is looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to be a part of a highly talented engineering team to help create new products and services from the ground up for the next generation connected vehicles. We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Architect and develop solutions using Machine Learning and other advanced technologies to solve a variety of problems
- Translate user stories and business requirements to technical solutions by building quick prototypes or proof of concepts with several business and technical stakeholder groups in both internal and external organizations
- Partner with leaders in the area and have insights to select off the shelf components vs building from the scratch
- Convert the proof of concepts to production-grade solutions that can scale for hundreds of thousands of users
- Collaborate with other team members to design and implement scalable, efficient solutions
- Be hands-on where required and lead from the front in following best practices in development and CI/CD methods
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
You are a successful candidate if:
- You are smart and can demonstrate it.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a developer for high-tech products or services
- You have a strong working understanding of data engineering, statistical analytics and machine learning concepts
- You have a deep proficiency in Java and/or expert level proficiency in Python
- You have solved real-life problems at scale utilizing message queueing (Apache Kafka, MS EventHub, or equivalent) and streaming event processing technologies (Apache Storm, Apache Spark, or equivalent)
- You have a strong desire to pursue and apply machine learning and AI algorithms to very large datasets at scale
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree in Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, Toyota vehicle discounts, game rooms, free food, dog friendly environment, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.