3 Month Contract to Hire
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
We love people who think big and like get their hands dirty to help us build exciting initiatives. Toyota Connected will be connecting all our vehicles to enhance safer driving and deliver value added services to our customers. We will create a global big data platform and analyze data to create a safer and richer driving experience. Together we will enable the mobility of the future
Toyota Connected is looking for a Business Development Associate who can help us discover the possibilities that exist when we leverage the innovative culture of Toyota Connected with the art of data-inspired intelligence and automation.
- Pursue the creation and/or discovery of innovations enabled by data, leading to product enhancements and/or new businesses opportunities
- Work with product and marketing teams, and external entities to envision market direction and the business/economic potential for new products and services
- Contribute to and oversee the implementation of business plans including demand projections, competitive landscape visualization, customer value, marketing and distribution strategies, capital investment and payback analyses, and P/L forecasts
- Initiate strategic partnerships outside of Toyota Connected, as necessary, to develop, market, distribute and otherwise implement plans
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- Communicating to all levels within an organization comes easily to you and you're confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You're also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- You likely have 2-5 years+ of relevant Business Development experience
- Understanding of financial strategies including financial models and go-to-market strategies
- Experience with IoT, Real-Time Analytics, and/or technical sales is desired but not required
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an MBA would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a greenfield environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, Toyota vehicle discounts, game rooms, free food, dog friendly environment, team activities and happy hours
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in completely new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.