This Senior Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment. This individual will be working on a global platform for the next generation connected vehicle big data solution. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment, therefore it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
- Proactively identify performance improvements in areas like responsiveness, availability, scale
- Manage, evolve, build CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain, support and build out infrastructure and services currently operating on AWS, Azure, other providers
- Creatively solve technical issues. You do not need to know everything but you need to know how to find the solution.
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment including fixed wireline networking, wireless, with distributed systems and applications
- Assist in building world-class, multi-cloud capable, state-of-the-art products by:
- Automating build processes
- Incorporating static code quality tools
- Helping identify code promotion qualities
- Including A/B, Canary, Blue/Green deployment patterns
- Building highly resilient cloud eco-systems capable of high availability and scale
- Shipping to Azure, AWS, or GCP
- With Docker containers, Kubernetes as an orchestrator, or as full VMs with base images
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- Experience with public cloud (AWS or Azure) and Agile environments
- Strong CI/CD and Linux experience
- Experience with containerization using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with scripting and orchestration including Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Queueing experience such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, or equivalent
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
- Money. (We pay well and we reward excellence)
- An environment of A-players. We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
- Freedom to work with modern technologies in a green field environment. We care that you get your work done, but you will get to help decide on how we can leverage modern technologies to solve our challenges.
- Unlimited time off. No one is tracking your time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
Who is Toyota Connected?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of, and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
*No 3rd Party Agencies Please